Latest post Fri, May 11 2012 10:08 PM by aedmonson. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 11 2012 7:30 PM

• aedmonson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 15 2005
    • Portland, OR
    • Posts 65
    • Points 1,010

Color Scheme change on Windows 7

After clicking "continue" many times on the window "The color scheme has been changed to windows 7 basic" I finally clicked "don't warn me again" because I fully know by now about the color scheme changing.  However, ever since I did that alld the Avid Windows open funky.  The bin window always opens short, the source/record windows always open gigantic, and the timeline window is extra long.  I rearrange them back to how they should be, but it doesn't hold when I close and reopen Avid.  Any suggestions?

Avid Media Composer 5.5 - PC [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 11 2012 7:44 PM In reply to

Re: Color Scheme change on Windows 7

What version of Avid are you trying to run under Win7? MC3 is not supported under Win7, neither is any version of Xpress Pro. See the Avid Version Matrix.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 11 2012 7:53 PM In reply to

• aedmonson
    • Not Ranked
    • Portland, OR
    • Posts 65
    • Points 1,010

We are running Avid MC 5.5

• Fri, May 11 2012 9:34 PM In reply to

OK, I asked because the system specs at the bottom of your postings mention XPressPro and MC3.

If you arrange the windows as you like to have them, then save your current workspace or Toolset, that should bring that same setting up next time you launch.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 11 2012 10:08 PM In reply to

• aedmonson
    • Not Ranked
    • Portland, OR
    • Posts 65
    • Points 1,010

Oh, I guess I better update our operating systems.  Thanks for pointing that out

Okay, I saved the workspace and that fixed the timeline and source/record windows, but the side with the menu bar and bin windows still opens half way shrunk on the monitor screen.  I'm wondering if the color scheme changes the display to somehting too large for the monitor.  It didn't do that before.  I'm not sure why clicking "don't warn me again" would change anything.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller