Latest post Tue, May 15 2012 2:12 PM by Randall L. Rike. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 11 2012 5:19 PM

AVCHD file structure and import

I know that some of this has been discussed and I have read over what I have found but I have a few questions.

In some other threads I have read that you should copy over the entrire file structure and contents of the SDHC cards (AG-AC130 cam) instead of just pulling over the MTS files. When I do this, on import do I still point toward the MTS files from the import dialog box?

I have MC5.0.4, will AMA work for me for these files?

I normally record in 720p/60 mode. Thanks for the information!

Jeff

MC5.0.4, Panasonic AG-AC130 HD Cam & DVC30 SD Cam, Sager 9170 laptop, 17" 1920x1080, i7 3rd gen, 8gb ram, dual Hd's, GTX675m graphics. Emachine... [view my complete system specs]

Created Design Video - "Video for the common man"

• Fri, May 11 2012 5:24 PM In reply to

Re: AVCHD file structure and import

MC v6.0 was the first version to support the AMA plugin for AVCHD.  With AMA, you point to, and select, the top level folder.  Any "spanned" clips will be linked & displayed as one Master Clip.

In MC v5.x, I'd just import them.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Mon, May 14 2012 8:56 PM In reply to

Ok, that is what I have been doing but it doesn't answer my original question.

Importing and it converting to 145 I think it is, is SOOO SLOW!

Jeff

MC5.0.4, Panasonic AG-AC130 HD Cam & DVC30 SD Cam, Sager 9170 laptop, 17" 1920x1080, i7 3rd gen, 8gb ram, dual Hd's, GTX675m graphics. Emachine... [view my complete system specs]

• Mon, May 14 2012 9:26 PM In reply to

Correct.  Using MC v6.0, and AMA-linking, then Transcoding is faster.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    (wwld)

• Mon, May 14 2012 9:28 PM In reply to

If the original question was, "I have MC5.0.4, will AMA work for me for these files?" ... my reply was, "MC v6.0 was the first version to support the AMA plugin for AVCHD".

(wwld)

• Tue, May 15 2012 2:04 PM In reply to

The original question was do I really need to copy over to my laptop the entire original file and folder stucture from the SD card or just the MTS files themselves.

I had seen some dicussion about needing to grab it all.

Jeff

• Tue, May 15 2012 2:11 PM In reply to

• Ken984
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Louisiana
    • Posts 92
    • Points 1,145

Grab it all, it does not take any more time to get the whole structure than just the mts files. And if you upgrade to version 6 you will need the whole structure for AMA.

DIY. Intel 3930k I7, Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 MB, Nvidia Quadro 2000, 16GB ram. 256GB Samsung 840Pro SSD boot drive, 1.5TB SATA for internal storage, 4TB G... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 15 2012 2:12 PM In reply to

Oh, OK.  If you're going to AMA-link to "Files", then all you need are the .mts files.  The structure is only required when AMA-linking to "Volume".  If importing (not AMA-linking), then only the .mts files are needed.  However, many copy the structure just have it, in case they'll ever need it.  It's small, so no down-side.

(wwld)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller