Latest post Wed, May 2 2012 4:46 PM by maryd. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 2 2012 2:03 PM

• juise15
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 11 2007
    • Posts 339
    • Points 4,415

Moving images inside Deko 1000 program

Help please.  Is there anyway to move important images around the screen in the Deko application?  I'm having to make a lot of full screen images over a background and for each one I have to do editing in Photoshop.

Dell Precision T5500 dual Intel Xeon Processor 2.4ghz, 12gb ram. Matrox MXO2 LE with Max. Quadro 5000 graphics card. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 2 2012 4:46 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Re: Moving images inside Deko 1000 program

I am not sure I am understanding your question, but here is my best guess.

If you open a non-native graphic on Deko it will automatically put it into the Background.  Or you can put a graphic into the Background thru the Background Shader, by selecting Texture and opening the file there.  Then go to the Usage radial button in the Shader menu (be sure you are on the Background Shader, not Face or Shadow etc...  You can click on the icon on the menu bar at the top with the tool tip "Background Color" to make it the Background Shader) In that Usage menu you can Scale, Offset or change Opacity.  You can also use Auto Scale to change the size pertinent to the graphic canvas.

If you want more and simpler control over the size of an image, create a Rectangle layer.  Make that layer size and position wherever you want on the screen, or create a full size rectangle for the entire screen.  Be sure that layer is behind any of your other layers.  Then open the graphic you want in the texture file on the Shader Menu (the Shader should now be Face Shader - in the Styles menu > Look tab delete all details except the Face, and check to be sure that the Face is not blurred or hidden).  Now select that radial button Usage in the Shader menu and using those same values, Auto Scale, Opacity, H & V Scale and H & V Offset, you can manipulate the image size & position of the graphic.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller