Latest post Wed, May 2 2012 7:56 PM by Doc Avid. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 25 2012 5:00 PM

• dcole
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Stillwater OK
    • Posts 38
    • Points 535

ISIS 5000/7000 & Final Cut Pro X

Apple seems to be gradually improving FCP X so that someday maybe it will have the necessary professional features we need.  Does anyone know if Avid has any FCP X compatability plans for its ISIS systems?

Avid Adrenaline Media Composer 3.5.9 on HP XW8200; FCP 7 on Mac Pro, 3 iMacs, 2 MacBook Pros [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 25 2012 9:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,268
    • Points 231,960
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: ISIS 5000/7000 & Final Cut Pro X

Hey there....

Not currently supported at this time on ISIS.

marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Apr 25 2012 9:57 PM In reply to

• dcole
    • Not Ranked
    • Stillwater OK
    • Posts 38
    • Points 535

Thanks--so far you are the only one to reply. 

I was just wondering if anyone knows whether Avid ever plans to add FCP X (someday).

Avid Adrenaline Media Composer 3.5.9 on HP XW8200; FCP 7 on Mac Pro, 3 iMacs, 2 MacBook Pros [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 25 2012 10:18 PM In reply to

• Chris Hocking
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 13 2008
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 179
    • Points 2,070

Eventually... yes. I'd say there is a VERY good chance that Avid will be adding FCP-X support to their ISIS range of products.

When that will happen - I doubt you'll get an official response from Avid. 

• Wed, Apr 25 2012 10:42 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,268
    • Points 231,960
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Unfortunately I cant comment on that :)  sorry.

marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Apr 30 2012 3:29 PM In reply to

• Doc Avid
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 17 2006
    • Los Angeles / Hollywood
    • Posts 2,321
    • Points 25,890

But you can share that crap on youtube,  so why would you need ANYTHING else?   Apple is just so cool in letting you upload all your stuff to youtube and facebook and myspace,   it's the dreamiest!

Get a real editor.

JDS

So many systems, so little space. So... everything Avid and a Hyundai Veloster Turbo. [view my complete system specs]

Jeff Sengpiehl ACSR Mac/PC/Unity/ISIS Los Angles CA AIM Docavid - Yahoo Docavid Join the Avid-L- It is ALL there: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2 http://tinyurl.com/zl6ez http://tinyurl.com/27qw4o for your Iphone

• Mon, Apr 30 2012 7:30 PM In reply to

• dcole
    • Not Ranked
    • Stillwater OK
    • Posts 38
    • Points 535

I assume you are referring to Avid as a  "real editor" and I agree with you.  I fought hard to maintain Avid as the editing platform where I work but lost the battle to FCP 7--which is not too bad but no comparison with Avid's capabilities.  The only reason I am looking at FCP X is that if they ever get it up to professional specs it does have some good features, like 64-bit processing.

• Mon, Apr 30 2012 9:41 PM In reply to

• Chris Hocking
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 13 2008
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 179
    • Points 2,070

While I would never personally cut anything on FCPX yet - there are people out there actually using it (yes, I know it's surprising). Even in it's current form - it can actually be used in a traditional workflow with a couple of bolted on accessories.

However, regardless of whether FCPX is usable or not - I think this particular forum (Avid Unity / Workgroups / Local Storage) is much more geared towards the techs, post production supervisors and engineers - not so much the creative editor - so I think all the arguments against FCPX really don't matter here. The reality is that it works (just not the way we all know and love), people are starting to use it (very SLOWLY) - so now we need to make the best of a bad situation, and work out how the hell we can support it.

Personally though, if I was on the ISIS team, I'd be chatting to Autodesk sooner rather than later and working out how they can support the upcoming Smoke 2013 release!

• Wed, May 2 2012 7:56 PM In reply to

• Doc Avid
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 17 2006
    • Los Angeles / Hollywood
    • Posts 2,321
    • Points 25,890

Of course they matter here-   This is about shared storage,  and if you can't share, you can't colaborate.   No colaboration means re-thinking the editor is advised.    

X-San was crap,   Apple killed it.   FCP doesn't share well.  FCPX is even worse.  

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.   FCPX isn't a professional tool, and will never be one.

JDS

So many systems, so little space. So... everything Avid and a Hyundai Veloster Turbo. [view my complete system specs]

Jeff Sengpiehl ACSR Mac/PC/Unity/ISIS Los Angles CA AIM Docavid - Yahoo Docavid Join the Avid-L- It is ALL there: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2 http://tinyurl.com/zl6ez http://tinyurl.com/27qw4o for your Iphone

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller