Latest post Sun, Apr 22 2012 3:47 PM by Kenton.VanNatten. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 22 2012 3:08 PM

Effects Causing Video/Images To Not Fill Frame

Hi All,

I've done some searching about and haven't found similar cases so I'm kind of at a loss. We're working in MC 5 on HD projects and having some issues whenever an effect is placed on video, the title tool is used, and also when imported 3rd party footage is placed in the timeline. Whenever this is done, the video under the title tool text or the pan and zoom image no longer fills the frame on the top and bottom. There is more black at the top than the bottom. It's especially baffling that this slight letterboxing occurs when the title tool is used. All of these effects and footage clips are being rendered DNx145. We haven't tried placing resizes on all of these clips yet but I'd rather understand what's causing this issue in the first place. These are web videos that will be exported HD so ensuring everything is full raster is crucial.

Thanks for any insights.

• Sun, Apr 22 2012 3:47 PM In reply to

Re: Effects Causing Video/Images To Not Fill Frame

I've seen that happen when working in SD with a mix of 1:1 and DV25 footage (ie, 720x486 vs 720x480)

I don't think I've seen that happen in an HD project though.

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller