Latest post Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:53 PM by G3n10ck. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 20 2012 12:22 AM

• G3n10ck
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 19 2012
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Could not Connect to Media Indexer

All of a sudden I am getting "Could not connect to Media Indexer.  Verify the health of the Media Indexer Service."  Health Monitor shows healthy Media Indexer.  How do I tell Media Composer that Media Indexer is good? 

There does not seem to be a Media Indexer on the local Media Composer workstation, at least not in the Start menu Avid section.  The thing is, this was working the last few weeks with ISIS and Interplay and stopped working today. 

How do I rebuild databases and get the network share ISIS drives seen again by Media Composer?

How di I get Media Composer to see healthy Media Indexer?

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 1:54 AM In reply to

Re: Could not Connect to Media Indexer

I have found in our ISIS/Interplay environment that after you load and sign in to your platform OS profile and the Unity connection manager shows all workspaces loaded and active, you must wait about 30 to 45 seconds before launching Media Composer (or Newscutter) to allow the Media Indexer to initialize itself.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 2:40 AM In reply to

• G3n10ck
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

I rebooted, connected to the ISIS and waited 5 minutes.  Same problem. 

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 3:00 PM In reply to

• G3n10ck
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

That did not work.  Is there a way do do a "First Birthday" or reset/delete preferences?  The problem might be that one ISIS went off line and Media Composer is probably waiting for that.  I need a reset.  Please advise.

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 3:36 PM In reply to

Try a complete shut down and re-boot of both ISIS systems, then re-boot the MC Computer(s) and re-launch.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 3:47 PM In reply to

As Larry has said, the MI services take a while to load.  I actually have a label on every system that says, "Boot Computer.  Wait 2 minutes before launching Media Composer".  If you want to see this in action ... right after booting, launch "Avid Workgroup Properties".  Click on "Advanced".  Watch as the services slooooowly load up.

Also, if the system has alternate ethernet ports, e.g., Corporate Network in addition to the Production Network, this can confuse the system.  We don't connect to the Corporate Network, except for diagnostics.  Occasionally, if that network connection is enabled and is lit up, the system will look down that pipe for the MI's.  This will fail.  Disable that port and the system looks to the Production Network, and connects normally.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 6:00 PM In reply to

• G3n10ck
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

I only have one ISIS now as the other is at NAB.  I shut it down.  I de-activated Media Composer and uninstalled.  I restarted ISIS. I installed Media Composer, rebooted and activated.  I mounted ISIS.  I waited.  I launched Media Composer. 

Still the same problem, "Could not connect to the Media Indexer. Verify the health of the Media Indexer service."  How do I do that?  Avid Health Monitor says Media Indexer is good on the Interplay.   

How do I deal with Media Indexer on the Media Composer workstation?  Am I missing something?

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 6:11 PM In reply to

"... How do I deal with Media Indexer on the Media Composer workstation? ..."

Right after booting, launch "Avid > Avid Service Framework > Avid Workgroup Properties".  Click on "Advanced".  You'll see the services starting.  If all services are running, you can try and stop/start them.  Also, check ethernet connectivty ....

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    (wwld)

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 7:08 PM In reply to

• G3n10ck
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

I go to Avid in start menu and "Avid > Avid Service Framework >" is not there. 

Do I need to request and install something more?

I got the standard Media Composer installer.

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 7:30 PM In reply to

From the error message you reported, I was assuming you have "Avid Interplay".  Do you?  If the Interplay Client software was installed on that system, then "Avid Service Framework" would typically be installed.

(wwld)

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 7:38 PM In reply to

• G3n10ck
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

I have Interplay Access, not Interplay Client.

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:16 PM In reply to

• G3n10ck
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Thing is it was working for two months and now MC fails.

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:21 PM In reply to

All of my stations have both, so I can't confirm, but I'd think you should still have all the same services running.  Theefore, you should have Avid Workstation Properties installed.  Maybe poke around and look elsewhere for it?

(wwld)

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:53 PM In reply to

• G3n10ck
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Thank you.  I ordered the Interplay Workstation installer from Avid.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller