Latest post Wed, Mar 5 2014 6:46 PM by lauras3. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 9 2012 3:53 PM

• slap88
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135

Slow Audio Mixdown

I have a timeline with 5 minutes of AMA video and audio.  I am mixing down the audio and it is taking like 45 minutes to mix down 5 minutes of audio, there are no effects applied to these audio tracks.  I have never seen an audio mixdown take 10 times longer to do over it's matching  video mixdown. Any Ideas?  This is taking place on a brand new Mac with a fresh install of MC, matter of fact this is the first project ever on this system

System Specs:

Mac OS X 10.7.3

2 x 2.66 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon

64 GB Ram

MC 6

• Mon, Apr 9 2012 5:54 PM In reply to

Re: Slow Audio Mixdown

What kind of footage are you AMA'ing?

If you transcode your sequence first, is it faster?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Apr 9 2012 6:17 PM In reply to

• slap88
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135

It is AVCHD footage....transcoding takes just as long as the audio mixdown.  My worflow has always been AMA, edit my footage, dupe the sequence mixdown video and audio and export. Never had to wait more than a few minuted for audio mixdown.  then all of a sudden the audio mixdown started taking forever.  I had a hard drive faliure on this machine replaced the hard drive fresh OS and MC install but the audio mixdown still takes forever the last one I did for 6 minutes worth of video was mixing for and hour and twenty minutes before I cancelled it

• Wed, Mar 5 2014 6:46 PM In reply to

• lauras3
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 24 2013
    • Posts 8
    • Points 90
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User

Hi 

Did you ever find out what caused the slow audio mixdown? A couple of my students have just reported the same issue with avid 6 on macs.

Laura

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller