Latest post Mon, Apr 23 2012 6:17 PM by maryd. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 2 2012 6:54 PM

• juise15
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 11 2007
    • Posts 339
    • Points 4,415

Tab Order (for automation or ENPS)

Trying to determin how to do tab order in Deko.  My newroom software (AP ENPS) uses tab order to determine where to put text items.  Is there a way to set this and how would I accomplish this task?

Dell Precision T5500 dual Intel Xeon Processor 2.4ghz, 12gb ram. Matrox MXO2 LE with Max. Quadro 5000 graphics card. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 3 2012 1:52 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Re: Tab Order (for automation or ENPS)

I am not sure I understand the question.  If you are simply trying to get the layers in order so that they make sense for the journalist in the MOS environment, you simply put the layers in order on the .dko template.  Use the Layer Browser to drag & drop, or the Layer pulldown menu to Send to back, Send to Front, Move Forware one layer, Move back one layer.

• Tue, Apr 3 2012 9:36 PM In reply to

• juise15
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 339
    • Points 4,415

In ENPS they use tab order to send out the command serially through COM1.  We can't afford the MOS gateway so that is never going to be an option for us.  From what I was told, we need to create a template with all the input areas labeled as 1,2,3 and so on.  When ENPS sends the commands Deko should create a playlist of everything using those templates we made.

Dell Precision T5500 dual Intel Xeon Processor 2.4ghz, 12gb ram. Matrox MXO2 LE with Max. Quadro 5000 graphics card. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 9 2012 7:56 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895

I think I already followed up directly, but for the group:

Using Automation and III protocol the Deko templates can be filled in by journalists and a playlist created.  There are benefits to the MOS Gateway, but the Automation option can be used effectively as needed.

• Thu, Apr 19 2012 10:00 PM In reply to

• juise15
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 339
    • Points 4,415

I'm stuck using the Automation feature only as I can't afford DekoMOS.  Problem is that I have created a folder with my templates, called 1.dko, 2.dko, and etc.  I have created the tabs for each file approriately and still the system does not create the graphic.  Am I missing something?

• Mon, Apr 23 2012 6:17 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895

Are you referring to the literal "Tabs" in the Text pulldown menu on Deko?  You cannot use standard typewriter tabs AND use automation. 

If you want to use any automated replace field settings you must create an individual layer for each bit of data.

If you have further questions please email me directly and I will have a look at your files and try to help.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller