Latest post Sat, Mar 17 2012 8:11 PM by SuperMonk. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 16 2012 7:12 PM

• SuperMonk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 1 2011
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 14
    • Points 160

Possible to create a running date/calendar counter?

Hi Forum Friends,

I'm editing a 10 mintue timelapse project that tracks a construction site over the course of 10 years.  The piece is being edited chronologically.  So that the audience can get a sense of the passage of time, the director wants to include a counter at the bottom of the screen to continuously run the date from 2002-2012 using month/day/year format.  This way, if the audience wants to know at what time the footage they are looking at was filmed, they can reference the counter.  

Is there any way to create a rough/dirty version of this counter in Media Composer?  I don't need it to look pretty right now, I just need to have something in there as temp.  Or is this something that would need to be created in a motion graphics program and imported?

Thank you so much! Big Smile

Mac Pro (Early 2008), 8-Core 3GHz Intel Xeon Processor, 4 GB RAM, OSX 10.5.8, Avid Media Composer 4.0.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:48 PM In reply to

Re: Possible to create a running date/calendar counter?

Hi J,

I'm not sure if this will do what you need or not, but it's worth a look.

http://hlinke.de/wiki/index.php5?title=ClockDisplay_AVX2

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Mar 17 2012 8:11 PM In reply to

• SuperMonk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 1 2011
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 14
    • Points 160

Re: Possible to create a running date/calendar counter?

Thanks Carl, I think this will be helpful!

Best,

J

Mac Pro (Early 2008), 8-Core 3GHz Intel Xeon Processor, 4 GB RAM, OSX 10.5.8, Avid Media Composer 4.0.5 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller