Latest post Wed, Mar 14 2012 2:57 PM by Shafton. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 14 2012 12:37 AM

• Shafton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Southfield
    • Posts 32
    • Points 400

Exception: OMFIHPDomian_INIT_Failed An error occurred

if any one can help or have had this problem, I was told Randy might know something about this.

Exception: OMFIHPDomian_INIT_Failed An error occurred reading file '(D:)' '+older.htt' skipping file, '+rotect.ed' skipping file,'esktop,'NIF skipping file, 'arning.bmp skipping file. Then I get Disk_file_ Already_Exist. 

I just did a complete reinstall on my laptop for windows XP, since then Avid won't run right. It keeps saying error reading the D: drive, but that drive holds my system restore, and that drive is locked from any program from installing anything.

I uninstall Avid, deleted all folders on the C: drive, and rebooted the system, and reinstalled Avid. As soon as Xpress scans the C: drive' I get the error listed above. Why is Xpress trying too access D:? I also deleted the msmFMID, so Xpress would rebuild the data base. I still get this error.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 14 2012 12:55 AM In reply to

Re: Exception: OMFIHPDomian_INIT_Failed An error occurred

Can you disconnect the D drive and see if Avid works?

• Wed, Mar 14 2012 4:00 AM In reply to

• Shafton
    • Not Ranked
    • Southfield
    • Posts 32
    • Points 400

No the C: drive is partition into drives.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:26 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,381
    • Points 96,975

Shafton:
    No the C: drive is partition into drives.
    The system restore drive should be hidden from normal use.  To make it so, go to your control panel and launch Computer Administration.  In there you will find the Disk Manager.

Go to the system restore partition and hide it.  Exit the Disk Manager and reboot.  Avid should now launch without the problems that you were experiencing.

Now go and buy an external drive for your media.  It should not be on your system drive.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 14 2012 2:57 PM In reply to

• Shafton
    • Not Ranked
    • Southfield
    • Posts 32
    • Points 400

I have a 500GB external drive, the partiton D: is blocked and hidden from AVID. I found the problem, when I did a system backup for my laptop on my external drive windows locked me out of that drive. therefore when ever Xpress looked for my media it did recognize the external drive but could not access it. That made it try too look for things on the D: drive. The external drive became corrupted I lost everything because of the windows backup. 

Once I reformated the external drive Xpress worked fine after that. The only good thing out of this is, I did transfer all of my media too a DVD before  the backup. I just lost all of my Boris Red files, thank you for your support.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller