Latest post Thu, Nov 14 2013 6:35 PM by Vasja. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 7 2012 6:56 PM In reply to

• coolwavepic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 27 2006
    • Tempe, AZ
    • Posts 59
    • Points 895

Re: Cant select a monitor for Full Screen Playback - MC6

I hope they can fix this feature until I get a card.

Intel i7 4820k, 16GB Ram, Windows 8.1 [view my complete system specs]

Thanks, Charles www.coolwavepictures.com

• Wed, May 23 2012 4:34 AM In reply to

• Gary
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bradley
    • Posts 37
    • Points 500

My setup is even simpler, and there are severe problems with a 2nd monitor using full-screen playback in MC6.0.1.

I have a new MacBook Pro running Lion, and an adaptor going from MDP to a big HDMI monitor.  The first time FSP is invoked the box moves into the big monitor--but the position read-out doesn't update-- I click to select and OK, but then the full-screen button has no effect.

The next time FSP is invoked, the box appears mostly offscreen in the left top of the MBP display; there is no way to grab it. The only way to work in full screen it seems is to make a new user and go to the preset workspace Fullscreen; and it's very easy to corrupt the user and find FSP inaccessible again. (For instance, by working without the 2nd monitor attached.)

Anyhow, my workflow now involves making a new user and spending several minutes revising my keyboard and buttons. By the way, I had successfully used fullscreen without hardware for a long time-- since MC 3.something.  

Another weird behavior is when Timecode Window is selected-- the window appears where the FSP box does: upper left of MBP screen, and impossible to grab. 

I think I appreciate a good joke as much as anyone, but this feels like a pretty cruel prank.

note: my software only Symphony 6.0.1 systems are behaving more normally, just exhibiting the intermittent black frame problems mentioned in other posts.

Mac Book Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 NVidia GeForce 9400M & 9600 GT 500 GB ATA 7200 rpm drive Plus several other certified platforms [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 23 2012 10:08 AM In reply to

• inbale
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 27 2006
    • israel
    • Posts 14
    • Points 160

You need to have all screens lined up in a raw.

I was struggling with this as well.

• Wed, May 23 2012 9:13 PM In reply to

• Gary
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bradley
    • Posts 37
    • Points 500

Brilliant, thank you! That fixes the bad behavior.

inbale:

You need to have all screens lined up in a raw.

I was struggling with this as well.

Mac Book Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 NVidia GeForce 9400M & 9600 GT 500 GB ATA 7200 rpm drive Plus several other certified platforms [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 14 2013 6:35 PM In reply to

• Vasja
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 24 2013
    • Posts 17
    • Points 195

Hello,

The same thing happend to me too...iMac i7 27" usig ext. monitor 23" NEC.And can you imagine more than 1 year later...the same shi...Media composer 7 worked fine till today. Now i have to do some strange procedure to get FSP to work...And what do you meen with aligning the monitors in a raw? Even when i get the FSP to work i have to do the procedure every time i open the mc7...I have to go to Imac,s preferences/display/aligment, choose the monitor the external one for my primary, open media composer, than go back to Imac,s preferences display and putt back the primary monitor to imac, rearange the avid windows to imac monitor and put fsp on...like this mc7 remembers the external monitors preferences and FSP  works...Is there any other way? Or i should start working with bricks?

Late 2012, iMac i7, 3,4 MHZ, 32 mb RAM, 1TB fusion drive, NVIDIA Geforce GTX680MX 2GB GDDR5, External disk G-RAID 4T Thunderbolt, picture control NEC... [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller