Latest post Tue, Mar 6 2012 11:01 AM by buba. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 20 2012 4:55 PM

• buba
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 17 2008
    • Germany
    • Posts 29
    • Points 340

Avid Xpress DV Upgrade to MC6

Hello, 

i have a Avid Xpress DV Licence 4.8 without Dongle- is it upgradeable to MC6 with an pre 5.5 to 6 Upgrade? How does the procedure work?

I also have an Xpress Pro Academic Dongle, how can i upgrade it to MC6 and how much does it cost? I have already written to the customer service but haven´t received an answer till now (2 weeks ago)

Thank you for your help!

Cheers

Macbook Pro 2017 with Avid Standard Support Plan // www.faridmartin.de [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 20 2012 9:50 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Xpress DV Upgrade to MC6

This are the prices for upgrades

Avid Store:  The Avid Store will sell software downloads ONLY starting with this release.  

Upgrades – Avid Store – Customers that purchase an upgrade software download from the Avid Store will receive the Third Party applications depending on the product according to the matrix above.  The Third Party applications are part of the version 6 or 10 editing installer depending on which upgrade they buy.  Once the customer has proceeded to checkout and purchased the upgrade, their Media Composer activation # and Third Party Serial #’s will be available at https://account.avid.com/    Customers will navigate to Products - > Your Products to retrieve their Activation #, dongle code and Third Party serial #’s.

* Media Composer 2019.6 * Interplay | Production 3.8.1 * Media Central 2.10.5 * iNews 2017.2 * Interplay MAM 5.9

• Tue, Feb 21 2012 7:14 AM In reply to

• buba
    • Not Ranked
    • Germany
    • Posts 29
    • Points 340

Thank you but you did not answer my question completely. Is the xpress dv (4.6, 4.8) suitable for mc pre 5.5 to 6 update, and how does the update procedure work if i have serial only, without dongle. 

Macbook Pro 2017 with Avid Standard Support Plan // www.faridmartin.de [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 6 2012 11:01 AM In reply to

• buba
    • Not Ranked
    • Germany
    • Posts 29
    • Points 340

Issue Solved.

Xpress DV without a dongle is upgradeable to MC6, but therefore there is a need to contact avid customer success to get a new System ID. In my case there where additional problems when trying to upgrade with the new system id, but Marianna helped out quickly- thanks again Marianna!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller