Latest post Mon, Feb 13 2012 9:14 PM by CDP. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 13 2012 7:36 AM

• CDP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 13 2012
    • Posts 4
    • Points 30

MC clueless to locate source files for a Batch Import

This is probably another basic question...

To create MXF files, I transcoded my AMA's at DNxHD 115, but I'll need to bring up the quality for final deliverable. I attempted to Batch Import some of my clips to see if everything would be fine, and MC has no clue where the original files are, even though I haven't renamed or moved them at all. What is the problem? I tried Batch Importing an entire bin, told MC where the first source file is, but it still wants me to locate all the other files, even though they are all there in the same folder.

Filed under: ,
  • Mon, Feb 13 2012 1:02 PM In reply to

Re: MC clueless to locate source files for a Batch Import

AMA and file import are different processes and not interchangable mid job.

If you AMA the source files you have to re-mount the AMA files or volumes and re-link to them. You can';t use those clips to batch import as they were never imported originally.

Likewise if you import originally AMA is nolonger an option for re-linking.

With the original AMA clips back on line you should be able to re-link a copy of your sequence and have it link to the AMA sources. ANd that's far faster than re-importing would have been.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Mon, Feb 13 2012 9:14 PM In reply to

• CDP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 13 2012
    • Posts 4
    • Points 30

Re: MC clueless to locate source files for a Batch Import

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller