Latest post Sat, Nov 14 2015 12:44 PM by rosenprod@aol.com. 372 replies.
Page 9 of 25 (373 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 4 2012 9:31 PM In reply to

Re: MC on PC 6.0.1 Bugs

I do not use Animation to do a Roll.

Just clicking Roll and going from there.

At 5.5.3.2 and before when I was adjusting the preview that was the final Roll's duration.

Or from the menu, the same.

It was working like that fine before 10-15 days.

Now the duration is set automatically.

It has changed. It might not be a bug (it depends how you see it) but it's not working as it used to work.

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(442.92)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x1TB Crucial MX500@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2020.6 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Sun, Mar 4 2012 10:06 PM In reply to

George Angeludis:
    At 5.5.3.2 and before when I was adjusting the preview that was the final Roll's duration.

Oh, now I think I understand.  When you said "preview" before, I thought you meant in Marquee, but you mean the source window?

George Angeludis:
    Or from the menu, the same.

Which menu?

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Mar 4 2012 10:08 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,314
    • Points 232,465
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

camoscato:
    In John/Mondo's defense, it appears the thread title was changed 3 pages ago by some dude who never came back

It is a known "feature" of the Forum template that any "Reply" will have the same "Subject Line" as the post being replied to.
    Once someone has changed a subject line it is very difficult to stop the spread of the new subject line in the thread. A bit like influensa, I guess.

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sun, Mar 4 2012 11:18 PM In reply to

I went back to the project I was referring for the preview duration.

It was a short film I edit (XDCAM EX) last summer.

The intro title was an animation Roll.

I did it as an animation because I wanted the title to "vanish" before the end of the page.

(In fact Marquee turn it to an animation -it is just a roll- because I have minimized the

text box for the above mentioned reason).

When I set the PREVIEW DURATION there INSIDE Marquee,

this is the final duration of the Roll inside MC.

I open it at MC6 now and MC gave me a message that I can't splice it in the timeline

because the duration has changed (from the original duration of the Roll in timeline).

This is -again- because the preview duration of the Marquee Animation is the actual final

duration of the title inside MC 5.5.3.2 -now MC 6.0.1.

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(442.92)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x1TB Crucial MX500@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2020.6 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Mon, Mar 5 2012 5:37 AM In reply to

• coolwavepic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 27 2006
    • Tempe, AZ
    • Posts 59
    • Points 895

Can not set a monitor in FULL SCREEN PLAYBACK unless its in the app.

All previous versions you can drag the set monitor dialogue box outside of the app boundries. Please fix this.

Intel i7 4820k, 16GB Ram, Windows 8.1 [view my complete system specs]

Thanks, Charles www.coolwavepictures.com

• Mon, Mar 5 2012 8:57 AM In reply to

George Angeludis:
    The intro title was an animation Roll.  I did it as an animation because I wanted the title to "vanish" before the end of the page.

(In fact Marquee turn it to an animation -it is just a roll- because I have minimized the text box for the above mentioned reason).

I don't know what you mean.  If you opened up one of the animation toolsets and set a duration and adjusted keyframes, then you've created an animated title, and the duration is set by whatever you chose in Marquee.

Alternatively, if you just click the R button and type some text, you've created a rolling title, and the duration is the default, and you adjust it in the timeline.

George Angeludis:
    When I set the PREVIEW DURATION there INSIDE Marquee, this is the final duration of the Roll inside MC.  I open it at MC6 now and MC gave me a message that I can't splice it in the timeline because the duration has changed (from the original duration of the Roll in timeline). 

So you created an animated title in 5.5.3.2, and when you open it in 6.0.1 you get the changed duration message?  Did the duration of the title change?  Are the projects different formats or frame rates?

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Mar 5 2012 9:55 AM In reply to

• bucur.marian
    • Not Ranked
    • Romania
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,250

Hello Douglas

I don't have a Camtasia here but from my previous experience with MC6 and some unsupported nvidia cards, changing the 3D settings in Nvidia Control Pannel-Manage 3D settings to 3D App- Video editing seems to help (Without that set MC6 use to give a Blue Screen of death at startup)

It is clear that something in the way that MC address the video board has been changed in MC6 since there are so many redraw issues, BSOD related to nvidia driver and also your issues with camtasia.

Whatever the customer has :) [view my complete system specs]

ACSR Elite

• Mon, Mar 5 2012 10:23 AM In reply to

• docworks
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 22 2011
    • Posts 5
    • Points 95

When using "add and render" for audio dissolves this causes a project save every time.

• Mon, Mar 5 2012 10:32 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,365

docworks:

When using "add and render" for audio dissolves this causes a project save every time.

Go to media creation settings and uncheck " save after render "

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:56 AM In reply to

• docworks
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 22 2011
    • Posts 5
    • Points 95

• Mon, Mar 5 2012 12:58 PM In reply to

docworks:

Go to your media creation section of your user settings and under the "render" tab, check and see if "save after rendering" is active.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:09 AM In reply to

• DIESELE
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 28 2008
    • Posts 1,174
    • Points 14,520

Just installed it.  Quick points - sorry if I repeat but its a big thread to trawl:

Lost the ability to CTRL+ALT+MOUSE SCROLL to change effect parametersHmm

Lost my 2 main 'super' mouse side buttions (Mark in & Mark out) MORTIFIED BY THIS!Super Angry

Odd behaviour of dual screen display - needs manual positioniong and defaults to one screen on boot up.Confused

Horrible washed out glum grey overall look too - hopefully can spice that up a bit somehow as I used to be able to live with default look.Geeked

Thx & apologies for any repeats.

D

PS sorry wont accept bullet points here so post looks all over the shop

Symphony 2018.12.10, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 11.1 (unsatisfactory in full res UHD though for client monitor), WIN 10 on 2500Mbps M.2 SSD, Nvidia Quadro K4200, Asus X99-A Mobo, i7 5820K 4.0 GHz Hex core mildly overclocked CPU, 32Gb 2800 Mhz RAM, WD Black 8Tb RAID10 array @ 450Mbs

• Tue, Mar 6 2012 9:28 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,626
    • Points 18,635

DIESELE:
    Horrible washed out glum grey overall look too - hopefully can spice that up a bit somehow as I used to be able to live with default look.Geeked

Not really a bug so perhaps should be split into a separate thread but really the new interface is horrible and illegible in places - the new timecode display above the composer window is particularly difficult to read compared to the old one..

John

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Tue, Mar 6 2012 10:57 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,756
    • Points 62,020

Mouse scroll wheel cannot be used to scrub the timeline or to manipulate effect parameters, regardless of which key combinations are held down. Still broken in 6.0.1. Really annoying.

The audio volume control knob on my keyboard not appears to change the timeline zoom - this worked fine in MC 5.5 and broke starting with MC 6 - still broken in MC 6.0.1.

BTW - I actually find the new interface to be easier to read in many respects. I think we should split issues of aesthetics into a separate thread.

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 2020.6 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7 | Windows 10 Pro... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Tue, Mar 6 2012 11:15 AM In reply to

• Vilem
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 10 2010
    • Prague
    • Posts 1,423
    • Points 15,660

Mondo:

DIESELE:

Not really a bug so perhaps should be split into a separate thread but really the new interface is horrible and illegible in places - the new timecode display above the composer window is particularly difficult to read compared to the old one..

John

When you set up a darker version of the GUI interface (white text on a dark background) will be a change in TC source / record window, the distinctive green and readable.
    V.

AVID MC2020.08, HP Z620 - 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2620, Quadro P2000 - driver 442.50, RAM 48GB - DDR3, BM Intensity Pro 4k - 10.11, W10 - 64bit Professional... [view my complete system specs]
Page 9 of 25 (373 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller