Latest post Tue, Mar 6 2012 5:02 PM by maryd. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 2 2012 11:42 AM

FXDeko II upgrade

Hi I have an old FxDeko II running version 1.1 and I want start using the unit for some community sports events and I was looking to upgrade the software.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I could go about doing this?

Cheers Steve

2 x FXDeko II cg units 1 x Blackmagic ATEM M/E 1 1 x Tricaster Studio 4 x Sony BRC-300 with fibre/SDI and remote control 2 x Sony EX3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 2 2012 10:17 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Re: FXDeko II upgrade

Hi Steve,

Wow, that is old!!  The last version of FXDekoII was v 4.1.2 released in Nov. 2007.  It is still available as a download, but only with a service contract.

Possibly someone who never throws anything away has a copy of that version, or at least something more recent than 1.1, that they can send you.  You should also post on the Deko Wizards Yahoo group.  I think this question came up not too long ago, and someone had a disk laying around.

Good luck

• Thu, Feb 2 2012 11:22 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply Mary.

I will take a look at Deko Wizards Yes

2 x FXDeko II cg units 1 x Blackmagic ATEM M/E 1 1 x Tricaster Studio 4 x Sony BRC-300 with fibre/SDI and remote control 2 x Sony EX3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:38 PM In reply to

Hi Mary

I've had no joy joining the Deko Wizards, my membership has been pending for a few weeks. It looks like there is very little activity on the forum so I'm stuck!

I called the avid customer support numbers for both UK and US and they both said they would have a look and get back to me and I have heard nothing for two or three weeks.

Do you have any more ideas?

Best regards Steve

• Tue, Mar 6 2012 5:02 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

I will contact the moderator for the Yahoo Deko Wizards group directly and let her know you are trying to join.  Meantime I will post something on that site on your behalf and contact you directly if I hear back from anyone.

Please email me directly off forum at mary.driscoll@avid.com so that I will have an accurate email address for you if I get any responses and need to contact you.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller