Latest post Thu, Feb 2 2012 9:11 PM by slabross. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 31 2012 2:53 PM

• Ammirr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 31 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Cannot archive image sequence located in the copy-link

Hi everyone,

Is it just me or is it a known problem?

I work on an Avid DS 10.3 work station. And I backup to our Company's network.

I'm trying to backup projects, and it's working OK except the copy-link image seq files.

First, I backup using the DS, and then I backup using the DS Archive Backup application, the ArchiveBackup doesn't copy the image seq to the archive folder.

My solution so far was to copy manually the sequences to archive folder (copy-link folder). And when restoring I manually copy them back to the restored project. (to the VIDEO_STORAGE driver , of course).

Big thanks

AmirA

http://www.gravity.co.il/

• Tue, Jan 31 2012 4:27 PM In reply to

• slabross
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 938
    • Points 9,690
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid DS

Re: Cannot archive image sequence located in the copy-link

The DS Archive Backup utility was not built to include the Copy-Link folder and its content by default.

This is one option that you must define in the utility under the Destination field.  You click Add and you set the path to the Copy-Link folder to tell the utility to also include this folder and its content.

If you must pick different locations, just browse to the various folders and you'll see the path increment with a ; character between each location.

Sylvain Labrosse
    Principal Expert | Services and Customer Success

Avid
    3510 St-Laurent Boulevard
    Montréal, QC H2X 2V2
    Canada
    sylvain.labrosse@avid.com

Create cases online now at  csportal.avid.com 
    It's fast, easy and effective!

We're Avid.  Learn more at www.avid.com  

• Wed, Feb 1 2012 2:50 PM In reply to

• Ammirr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 31 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Thank you Mr. Labrosse,

There is indeed no problem to archive the copy-link Image seq, but there's a new problem to restore them.

The DSArchiveBackup app creates a new folder named "Other_Folders" with the desired image sequences.

Unless we had many projects with allot of HiRez videos, I would have just restore them manually and wouldn't have bother anyone with these questions.

The Ds restore function handles the proj restore easily and the DSArchiveBackup app handles the video/audio files (the gen files). But other than that I have no idea how to get the "Other_Folders" file back online...

Thank you again, doing it manually will be a huge time consuming solution for me.

PS:Thank you for mentioning the ";" character that appears while adding additional files, it helped allot.

AmirA

http://www.gravity.co.il/

• Thu, Feb 2 2012 9:11 PM In reply to

• slabross
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 938
    • Points 9,690
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid DS

If I understand what you report, the utility correctly includes additional selected folders and files in the backup process, but it fails to bring back these files when you perform the restore action.

I will test the utility functionalities again and see if something got broken.

If indeed incorrect, the workaround would be to browse inside the backup folder and consult the log file to get the relevant path information to manually copy the missing files.  This is usually at the root of the video location, but maybe there are various locations as well.

Sylvain Labrosse
    Principal Expert | Services and Customer Success

Avid
    3510 St-Laurent Boulevard
    Montréal, QC H2X 2V2
    Canada
    sylvain.labrosse@avid.com

Create cases online now at  csportal.avid.com 
    It's fast, easy and effective!

We're Avid.  Learn more at www.avid.com  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller