Latest post Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:34 PM by Camilo. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 23 2012 7:10 PM

• New One
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 14 2012
    • Posts 4
    • Points 85

Importing verses AMA with MXF files

Hey Everyone,

So I shoot with a Canon xf100 than makes MXF files on a CF card. Just wondering if I still have to "consolidate" my clips after "importing" them into my new project bin? I import them as DnxHD145. I know you have to consolidate clips after you AMA import them, but I just decided to import them directly. Am I on the right path as far as using my footage to be Media Composer Editor friendly? What's the advantage of using AMA verses just "importing?"

Thanks!

• Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:34 PM In reply to

Re: Importing verses AMA with MXF files

New One:
    Just wondering if I still have to "consolidate" my clips after "importing" them into my new project bin?

If you import the files, you do not need to consolidate them.   Once imported, you can erase the files on your camera's card.

New One:

What's the advantage of using AMA verses just "importing?"

AMA gives instant access to your material.   

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:34 PM In reply to

• Camilo
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 23 2010
    • Virginia
    • Posts 967
    • Points 12,140

Re: Importing verses AMA with MXF files

HI, can I ask how you go about importing your MXF files?

Thanks!

CAmilo

Intel i7-980x Hexacore water cooled by Corsair H-50 on EVGA Classified 762 with 12Gigs RAM and Quadro FX3800 Video Card. Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium Sound... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller