Latest post Mon, Jan 30 2012 5:47 PM by slabross. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 19 2012 9:04 PM

• TravisB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 8 2010
    • Posts 20
    • Points 265

Alexa ProRes to DS workflow issues

I am attemting to conform my offline sequence with the original Alexa ProRes 444 material.  The camera files were transcoded to dnx36 using Colorfront's OSD.  Now that the sequence is finished I would like to link back to the ProRes files.  The idea was to take the sequence and relink to the files using AMA within MC5.5.  This will not work because the avid wants to relink files using "Source File" name.  OSD does not create a Source File column.  It does however create a custom made column "File Name" that matches the "Source File" names.  This does not matter however because MC specifically wants to relink using Source File.  

I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this issue, and what can be done to get the sequence to relink with the ProRes files.

Thanks

MC 5.5.2 on Mac os 10.6.8

DS 10.5.2

• Mon, Jan 30 2012 5:47 PM In reply to

• slabross
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 938
    • Points 9,690
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid DS

Re: Alexa ProRes to DS workflow issues

What is the data source file?  If AAF, you can try to conform directly in Avid DS, bypassing Media Composer.  In the conform dialog, select the Alternate... option and browse to the ProRes source files to recapture the high-definition sources.

If the data file is ALE or EDL, this may or may not work, depending on the header information, but it is worth trying.

Sylvain Labrosse
    Principal Expert | Services and Customer Success

Avid
    3510 St-Laurent Boulevard
    Montréal, QC H2X 2V2
    Canada
    sylvain.labrosse@avid.com

Create cases online now at  csportal.avid.com 
    It's fast, easy and effective!

We're Avid.  Learn more at www.avid.com  

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller