Latest post Tue, Jan 17 2012 9:57 PM by jesusonline. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 15 2012 2:28 PM

The toughest error I even encountered

Hi , dear community.

Last week I encountered my toughest error yet on MC  -  we're working on 4.0.5

in a big project filmed mostly on SONY XDCAM  and Transcoded to 15:1  on the avid unity

working in PAL.

we have been working on this project for half a year by now , and suddenly at the middle of the project , our offline master editor project has this nagging error when saving or trying to close the bin

the error basically says  "ACCESS VIOLATION"

I have tried working without the media and it still occurs

and Without audio tracks and it still occurs

I have also thrown out the effects and it still occurs.

We have also called out the AVID representatives and they basically said  :  "something is messed  up and it's your problem now "

even taking the bin to a new project raises the error  and even with a new user

We tried desperately to find the problem but with no help

please if anyone can help

this is kind of important!

the errors I am getting are : " Access violation"

and  " EXCEPTION:DOMAIN COPYIN FAILED"

Thanks a lot

Tom David

• Sun, Jan 15 2012 2:36 PM In reply to

Re: The toughest error I even encountered

Hi Tom

Access violation errors are pretty common, so hopefully something in these search results relates to your situation:

http://tinyurl.com/86ruevg

If not, post back here and let us know what operating system you're running.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Jan 15 2012 2:54 PM In reply to

Yes I know, It is a common error .  but this one is really stubron - and even when all medias are offline  it still occurs

we really tried to locate the problem within the sequence but it is not only in 1 sequence but in several  almost like it spreads out

our OS is WINDOWS XP SP2 I believe

but the Sequence will come up with errors in various avid versions including version 6

it's as if suddenly the avid says " I don't want to work with you"

• Sun, Jan 15 2012 3:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,607
    • Points 223,200
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Tom,

That sounds awfully odd that an Avid employee would say somethihgn like that - not common behavior I can assure you.

Could you respond back to me via email and let me know who you spoke with - also provide your contact info. so i can either get you to support or have a tech reach out.   I am out Monday thru Wed but I will be online later today so hopefully you can respond quickly.

Standing by... email address is below.

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sun, Jan 15 2012 4:12 PM In reply to

Things to try

1. "Divide and Conquer". Subclip to a new bin to see if you can pinpoint the specific track and/or clip the causes it.

2. "repairsequences" command in the console while the bin is open. Avid will check the relationship of the sequence to the media.

3. New user, localize (if using Unity/ISIS) the project, new project, etc.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jan 15 2012 4:13 PM In reply to

Are you running Windws XP "Pro" or "Home"?  Meanwhile, an "Access Violation" can be pointing to the Project itself, and it may be a permissions issue.  Reset the ownership by following this procedure.  Also, the error "EXCEPTION:DOMAIN COPYIN FAILED" often is the result of a corrupt Bin.  Try loading a backup copy from the Avid Attic.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Sun, Jan 15 2012 4:28 PM In reply to

I have tried  All of these thing already,

none help

I can send you the bin

and you can probably cut it to 3 minutes and it still crashes

• Sun, Jan 15 2012 4:33 PM In reply to

"... I have tried All of these thing already ..."

Whose suggestions are you responding to?

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    (wwld)

• Sun, Jan 15 2012 4:38 PM In reply to

And since working on the Unity , so there are no PERMISSIONS issue as I understand

working on XP pro

and as for the DOMAIN ERROR 

Thanks,

Maybe something corrupts our bins

How about if the number of folders was around the 10,000 limit on the unity system??

• Sun, Jan 15 2012 4:38 PM In reply to

jesusonline:
    I can send you the bin

zip it and send it over

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jan 15 2012 4:52 PM In reply to

"... How about if the number of folders was around the 10,000 limit on the unity system?? ..."

Unity uses "Dynamic Allocation" (something I suggeted in 1999/2000 btw).  When you exceed 10,000 directories (folders), Avid starts the process.  Each time you cross a 10,000 limit, you get an additional 10,000, and lose 32,000 files from the 500,000 max file count.

"... And since working on the Unity , so there are no PERMISSIONS issue as I understand ..."

Correct, I missed the Unity part on first read.

(wwld)

• Sun, Jan 15 2012 5:04 PM In reply to

Filed under: ,
  • Mon, Jan 16 2012 7:43 AM In reply to

UPDATE:

I have tried relinking one of the problematic sequences to the online XDCAMS  and transcoding

but found it impossible as every relink  and transcode tries to save and the avid crashes

this means I practically have to stop working on the project and consider rolling back a week expensive work.

Thank  you guys

p.s.  

and nothing guarantees me the problem won't come back

• Mon, Jan 16 2012 9:13 AM In reply to

Is this the latest version you can use?

I mean 4.0.5?

Have you cleaned the database files?

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(411.95)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x1TB Crucial MX500@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2019.6 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Mon, Jan 16 2012 9:13 AM In reply to

Did you send Marianna an email?  Her email address is at the bottom of her post.

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller