Latest post Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:36 PM by camoscato. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:44 PM

Command pallette wont close

Dear all,

I have discovered an annoying bug with my new Avid MC 5.5, my command pallette is stubbornly open and I can't close it. It seems it wedged itself to the very top of avid window and hides its controls (such as minimize, close and maximise) under the Avid top panel. I can't move it, I cant close it and it sits in the middle of my screen. I am attaching a screen grab. I tried to close, changed user settings etc and nothing works. Any ideas?

Filed under:
  • Thu, Jan 12 2012 5:16 PM In reply to

Re: Command pallette wont close

Hi,

Not sure if this will work, but click on the Command Palette to make it active, then press CTRL+' (apostrophe).  This is the Home command (also available under the Window menu, I think), and it puts the selected window back where the system "thinks" it should be.

If that doesn't get it, does CTRL+w close it?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jan 12 2012 5:28 PM In reply to

Hi Carl,

I tried both but no luck, it looks it not fully functional... I may have to reinstall Avid ... A major headache but thanks! Any other ideas?

• Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:00 PM In reply to

• Kristina
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 28 2010
    • Germany
    • Posts 462
    • Points 5,590

Hi,

what happen when you load another toolset or workspace? Or change your display resolution?

Best regards,

Kristina

several z800 and xw8600 Nitris DX, MC v.5.5.3, Win XP Prof SP3, ISIS-5000 16TB with Force 10 Switch 10Gig, several MOG S1010 ingest servers, several EVS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:01 PM In reply to

Exit MC and then delete the MCState setting.  When you restart maybe the window will go someplace useful.  If not that, try a new user and a new project.  If that doesn't get it, I'm out of ideas.

[edited to add] Try Kristina's ideas first.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:26 PM In reply to

Thanks, I tried the resolution trick but wil try the rest, Where do I find the MCstate setting?

• Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:36 PM In reply to

I've got 6 of them scattered all over my system, so my suggestion is to type "mcstate" into the Windows search on the Start Menu and find it that way.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller