Latest post Thu, Feb 9 2012 12:05 AM by tv8berry. 70 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 4 2012 4:28 PM In reply to

• Lord Fluff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 15 2011
    • London
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,445

Re: MC 6.0 Mac bugs

I found this exact same issue - turning off the wifi would help get past that part of the bootup....now the problem seems to have vanished for no particularly good reason.

HP z820, Decklink Extreme+, Areca RAID, Artist Colour, Symphony 6 // MBP17, UltraStudio3D, Pegasus TB RAID, MC6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 4 2012 4:40 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Lord Fluff:

I've noticed inconsistent behaviour when deleting in the timeline....

- select Red segment mode

- highlight unwanted clip

- hit delete

Result is either

a) clip is removed from timeline as expected

b) "Are you sure you want to delete the selected track(s)?" (as would happen if no clip were selected)

I've not pinned down why I get b) at times instead of a).........

I think that someone soon will point you to a page in either the manual or the help section ...

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Wed, Jan 4 2012 4:51 PM In reply to

• Lord Fluff
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,445

mjolnarn:

I think that someone soon will point you to a page in either the manual or the help section ...

Are you implying operator error? Harumph! Wink

HP z820, Decklink Extreme+, Areca RAID, Artist Colour, Symphony 6 // MBP17, UltraStudio3D, Pegasus TB RAID, MC6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 4 2012 6:16 PM In reply to

• Brian
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 24 2011
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

NEW BUG REPORT (Adding to the list): 3D Warp / Effects Editor

2 layers of video. Changing Y rotation in 3D Warp on top layer nested under CC.

A. Rotation will not update number as I scroll.

B. I'm getting an intermittent funky symbol on the number. So if Y Rotation is -5, it has a little vertical line partially over the 5 that makes it almost, but not quite, look like a 9 instead.

C. When I add a center keyframe, the keyframe number defaults to the same number of the last keyframe the cursor was on rather than the current OTF number that should be there.

D. When I delete this keyframe, suddenly it then begins tracking the correct number for the rotation.

E. This is not always repeatable in the same steps. Sometimes it does some of these, sometimes it mixes them up, etc.

MC 6.0 Mac Dual 2.93 X 6 Core (Westmere), 32GB Ram, ATI Radeon 5870 [view my complete system specs]

SYSTEM:

• Wed, Jan 4 2012 6:19 PM In reply to

• Brian
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

NEW BUG REPORT: Massive amounts of segmentation Errors

I will update the forum with the details on all the seg errors I'm receiving later, but for now this is more of a, "Is anyone else experiencing a crap load of these on 6.0?" question...

I'm on a brand new system so it isn't being affected by old installs, etc.

MC 6.0 Mac Dual 2.93 X 6 Core (Westmere), 32GB Ram, ATI Radeon 5870 [view my complete system specs]

SYSTEM:

• Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:33 PM In reply to

• Brian
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

BUG REPORT: AMA VOLUME / FILE LINKING PROBLEMS

Based on the following:

A. All volumes were shot & transferred at the same time and from the same camera using proven media cards.
    B. All volumes were in the same directory until obviously it got down to the Card 1, Card 2, etc. level.
    C. Footage acquired on a Sony F3.
    D. These issues have occurred more than once and on volumes originating from various cards that have worked in the past and worked again later.
    E. Footage plays perfectly fine when playing in XDCam Browser
    E. These problems sometimes occur at the same time, not at the same time, multiple times in the same directory of volumes, single times in the same directory, etc... Basically saying there is no ryhme or reason for when or how...

Problem 1: Nothing happens... literally. I attempt to link to X volume and when I click Open, the dialouge box disappears as though the system "thinks" it has done something but nothing actually happens.

Problem 2: Errors Out - I apologize but I do not remember the error and was too under the gun to worry about it at that time. I will update this later when it happens again.

Problem 3: I link to Volume X which let's say has 5 clips in it. But instead of actually linking to Volume X, it links to 5 clips in Volume Y even though the clip numbers are different and even though there are 15 clips in Volume Y. I can delete all media and relink and sometimes it will do the same thing and sometimes it will link properly.

I am interested in:
    A. Getting these AMA issues resolved or entered in by Avid as official known bugs if they are not already.
    B. Locating others that can log the same problems or additional AMA problems so that it will become an official bug ticket.
    C. Bringing attention to an issue that has not been dealt with since AMA's release that cripples those of us who purchase Avid with the expecation that what they tell us in the sales meeting will actually work.
    D. A response from Avid giving us an understanding for when these AMA issues (and any other AMA issues) will finally be fixed or an official "they won't be".

I am not interested in:
    A. Transcoding Work-arounds for AMA
    B. This is simply how AMA 'is'
    C. Debate about defending Avid and the fact that AMA has been a problem since it's release.
    D. Debate about how Avid can't release info on timelines for fixes, etc.

Thanks

SYSTEM:

• Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:44 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Brian:

I am not interested in:
    A. Transcoding Work-arounds for AMA
    B. This is simply how AMA 'is'
    C. Debate about defending Avid and the fact that AMA has been a problem since it's release.
    D. Debate about how Avid can't release info on timelines for fixes, etc.

Brian, lots of users are using ama with success, myself included, I think you would be better helped if you opened up your own thread about your problems to help other users help you instead of having a long " helppost " in a thread originaly created for general bugs on the Mac side.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Wed, Jan 4 2012 9:06 PM In reply to

• Brian
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

It appears to be a bug. It is in 6.0. So I believe it is in the right place if I'm reporting an MC 6.0 bug.

Look, no offense, but I don't wish to get caught up in a debate about it's legitmacy with people for whom it is working.

I am interested in reporting a bug, seeing if others can determine through trouble shooting that it is not a bug (operatore error), or determining it's a bug by having at least 3 people who are also having one or more of these AMA issues and therefore Avid logging it as an official bug. If this is the case, I wish to find out from Avid when this bug will be looked into.

SYSTEM:

• Thu, Jan 5 2012 1:49 PM In reply to

• Lord Fluff
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,445

Lord Fluff:

- hit delete

Result is either

b) "Are you sure you want to delete the selected track(s)?" (as would happen if no clip were selected)

To elaborate slightly - it seems possible at these times to delete audio segments in the timeline without issue, but the machine will revert to behaviour b) in the case of attempting to delete video.

• Thu, Jan 5 2012 2:05 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Lord Fluff:

Lord Fluff:

- hit delete

Result is either

To elaborate slightly - it seems possible at these times to delete audio segments in the timeline without issue, but the machine will revert to behaviour b) in the case of attempting to delete video.

The terms you want to search for in the manual are lift and extract

Tomas 

• Thu, Jan 5 2012 2:16 PM In reply to

• Lord Fluff
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,445

mjolnarn:

The terms you want to search for in the manual are lift and extract

You've misunderstood - do a search for 'segment mode' yourself Wink 

A bit more trial and error reveals that MC6 is happy to delete anything from a fully imported clip, but will only delete the audio in the timeline in segment mode. Select video, or video and audio and you get the 'delete track?' query.....

• Fri, Jan 6 2012 4:54 AM In reply to

Digging the 6.0 but I have noticed some inconsistent behavior as well...

1. If I copy clips from the timeline to the clipboard and then attempt to paste them elsewhere in the timeline... I find there is nothing in the clipboard. On the second attempt, the copy/paste operation works... odd but repeatable.

2. The F1 key is a bit of a bugaboo since that is where I have always mapped my add edit key... hard habit to break after more than a decade..

3. Occasionally the source window will not update when a new clip is loaded... it does refresh after you hit play.. but it can play some tricks with your mind.

Anyone else experiencing any of these symptoms?

Cheers.

Ross

Avid MC 8 12 Core 2014 Mac Pro Black Magic UltraStudio 4k Black Magic Smart Duo Scopes DaVinci Resolve Tangent Element Control Surfaces Pegasus2... [view my complete system specs]

W. Ross Wells
    Director/Editor/Compositing Artist
    Zenfilm
    711 William Street
    Suite 102
    Houston, TX 77002
    (888) 805-5211 

Filed under: , , ,
  • Mon, Jan 9 2012 9:12 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,520
    • Points 64,065
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Sony has finally released a 64-bit compatible version of the AMA plug-in for XDCAM.  The previous version didn't work with MC 6 due to it's 32-bit architecture.  Here's a link:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=394827

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Mon, Jan 9 2012 12:49 PM In reply to

• Brian
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

hbrock:

Sony has finally released a 64-bit compatible version of the AMA plug-in for XDCAM.  The previous version didn't work with MC 6 due to it's 32-bit architecture.  Here's a link:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=394827

Not sure if you were posting the 64 AMA plugin for me since I think I'm the only one who's mentioned AMA problems. If so, thanks for trying. I do have the 64 bit installed already though, but if you have any other suggestions I appreicate them.

Thanks

SYSTEM:

• Mon, Jan 9 2012 1:08 PM In reply to

• Brian
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

BUG REPORT: Partial Freeze then crashes. This has happened twice so far. The first time I had left the system when it was working fine. Came back and it was doing the partial freeze. Again later when doing some basic Lifts from timeline.

SYMPTOM: All of a sudden, I receive the spinning wheel of death. Then it eventually goes away. If I move the mouse, click on anything, etc. the wheel is back. It goes away, but won't actually process what I click such as "save all bins". Eventually crashes and therefore is a restart.

I've attached the crash report.

SYSTEM:

Page 2 of 5 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller