Latest post Mon, Dec 12 2011 10:09 PM by Mark.C. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 12 2011 9:43 PM

• Mark.C
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 29 2011
    • Posts 17
    • Points 220

How to re-import footage for final output

Hi

I have just completed a short 3 min edit using footage from a Canon 5DmkII. When I orgiginally imported the footage ( 3hours in total) i imported it using the DNxHD 36 codec so that i could smoothly edit it on my laptop. Now the edit is complete how do I rebatch the footage DNxHD 185 for the final output?? Is there a way to only import the clips I have used or do I have to reimport everything??

Any advise is greatly apriciated

Thanks

• Mon, Dec 12 2011 9:50 PM In reply to

Re: How to re-import footage for final output

Select the Sequence in the Bin and choose Batch Import from the right-click menu.

When the dialogue box pops up all your shots and their original import file locations should be in black, (if they're red, then Avid can't locate the originals and you'll need to point it to where they now)

Then under Import Resolution, choose DNx185 and that should be it I believe.

It will import only the clips used in the sequence, however it will import the whole file for the clip section used.  So, if you had an original file that was 10 mins long, but only used 10 secs of it, the entire 10 mins has to come in.  Make sure you've got plenty of space.    

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Mon, Dec 12 2011 10:09 PM In reply to

• Mark.C
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 29 2011
    • Posts 17
    • Points 220

Re: How to re-import footage for final output

Amazing 

It worked thank you so much for your help

Mark

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller