Latest post Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:46 AM by kd-53. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 22 2012 1:09 AM In reply to

Re: MC6; Problem with Pan and Zoom

This is definitely not just a Windows problem as I have been ripping my hair out trying to solve it this evening. Its taken me around 3hours to work out what the problem was for me. It seems that Avid Pan and Zoom has many inconsistent problems, but this is my own which may be others. 

I was trying to import a .tiff file exported from after effects. This file was not large at only 1280 x 720 but changing resolutions and trying different bit per channel projects seemed to change nothing also. So I tried outputting with millions of colours instead of trillions of colours and BOOM it works without any problem. 

It seems there are problems with the BIT DEPTH of linked pictures. Hopefully this will help with someone elses work also. So much time wasted...

• Thu, Feb 23 2012 10:46 AM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 895
    • Points 11,450

Check whether your tif-file conforms to MC specification given in the Avid Media Composer Editing Guiude, page 1389.

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:46 AM In reply to

• kd-53
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 28 2010
    • Duesseldorf, Germany
    • Posts 21
    • Points 280

Joachim Claus:

I have installed MC 6 on a different test-machine (W7 Ultimate, other hardware) and get exactly the same result, i.e., when I place the Pan & Zoom effect on the placeholder, I do not see the jpg-photo after importing it from the effect manager.

In an additional analysis, I found, that in MC 5.5 I can import photos with the related button from within the effect editor as often as I like (e.g. to replace the current photo with another one). In MC 6, linking is only possible once. Any new hit on the import image button does not open the window to select a photo..

Joachim

Same behavior here (Win 7 Ultimate, MC 6.0.1): No image to be seen after importing, linking possible only once. The image was on a shared disc. What helped was to copy the image to an unshared disc (in my case the system disc) and import the image from there (Thank you to the solution from the other thread)

Klaus-Dieter

Mobo: Asus Z270-A, i7-7700K, 32GB Ram, Win 10 Prof 64, GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB Ram, BM Intensity Pro 4K, MC 2018.4, BCC11, 2 x 24" monitors, Sony... [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller