Latest post Tue, Jun 19 2012 1:28 PM by Larry Rubin. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 1 2011 5:53 PM

MC 6 will not launch- Disk Invalid Filename Syntax..?

Avid phone is no help.

I own a valid copy of MC 5.5 but want to try version 6. I uninstalled 5.5...installed ver 6 and it will not launch. It gets hung up Initialzing Avid Media Access Volume Manager...then it quits and I get a window that reads: Exception: DISK INVALID FILENAME SYNTAX.

I have no idea what any of this means.

I tried several times uninstalling and re-installing ver 6 but each time - same result.

I then fully erased my System drive and did a fresh install of 10.7.2...My Mac pro was clean of anything Avid. It was basically a new machine. Nothing else installed. Just the OS.

I once again downloaded version 6....installed.....and I STILL get the same Issue.(?)

Anyone else have this happen?

Is it a Lion OS issue? Do I need to set a folder a certain way? I just do not get it.

What is the bottleneck here?

Thanks

• Thu, Dec 1 2011 6:06 PM In reply to

Re: MC 6 will not launch- Disk Invalid Filename Syntax..?

Just read the error...

What's the name of your hard drive?  Does it have a slash ( / ) or other weird characters in it?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Dec 1 2011 6:48 PM In reply to

• Bokes
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 219
    • Points 3,205

yes we found it- an external was being read but wasn't displayed on the desktop.

Thanks!

• Tue, Jun 19 2012 1:23 PM In reply to

I had the same problem. As it turned out, a Korean audio cd was the problem: very suspicious data!

Filed under:
  • Tue, Jun 19 2012 1:28 PM In reply to

Randolph Duke:
    Avid phone is no help.

I know this is an old thread, but Randolf if you're still around, would you please elaborate on that? Who did you call and what response did you get?

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller