Latest post Thu, Dec 22 2011 4:40 PM by Robert Goodman . 53 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 22 2011 8:38 PM In reply to

Re: Dual Monitor issues?

MC 6 also exhibits the same behaviour (i.e. Needs menu toolbar on th left, or windows go missing) in Snow Leopard.

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona Lhi. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 32GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 24 2011 1:22 PM In reply to

I seriously hope that a patch for the screen-mess is on it's way. A week into having changed the menu bar to the left screen in order to run MC6 properly messes up virtually every other software-package on the system. Compressor, Media-Encoder, FCP7, FCPX, Premiere, After Effects EVERYWHERE I have to re-configure the workspaces accordingly.

Dear AVID, this situation is a big, BIG imposition and does not enhance the trust I have in the company. How can an obvious bug like that make it past testing?

I was always a loyal AVID Editor/Customer until AVID started to suck a couple of years back. It took them a whopping 9 Months to get MC (or was it Xpro - don't remember) to work on Leopard after it's release.

Please, please AVID don't go back to sucking. I do realise that the release of MC6 was probably rushed to get it out there to catch some of the Final Cut refugees, but now please rush a patch as well.

Apple Mac Pro "Twelve Core" 2.66 (Westmere), 48GB Ram, OSX Lion 10.7.2, ATTO UL5D LP SCSI card, Blackmagic Deck Link Studio HD, EasyRaid SCSI... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 25 2011 3:22 PM In reply to

• addinski
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Erfurt, Germany
    • Posts 193
    • Points 2,320

Count me in aswell. Using Macbook Pro with attached Dell u2711 27". Composer window and timeline are only visible if I set the menubar to the MBP screen. 

So for now I have to do at least two things to work with this buggy boy:

1. set my keyboard os language to us

2. set my menu bar in dualscreen to the left/main lcd of MBP.

Come on AVID, listen!!!

MAC OS X 10.11.6 AVID MC 2018.3 + Avid Mbox Pro 3 MACBOOKPRO 15" Retina, i7 2.66 GHz Quadcore, 16GB Ram Dell UltraSharp U2711 Sony FS5 & Alpha... [view my complete system specs]

Honestly I hate editing.

• Fri, Nov 25 2011 4:13 PM In reply to

• pierreh
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Paris, London
    • Posts 1,268
    • Points 15,340

I think they listen, don't worry. But there is a lot of work to do before a 6.0.1 that works properly is done. 

- Work: MacPro 2010 3.46Ghz 12 Cores 48Gig RAM, Mojo DX, 10.14.6 - Home: MacBookPro 2.5Ghz quad-i7, 16Gig Mem and SSD OSX 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Nov 27 2011 1:49 AM In reply to

• Helena Trix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • Pretoria, South Africa
    • Posts 161
    • Points 2,460

Florian Gintenreiter :

I seriously hope that a patch for the screen-mess is on it's way. A week into having changed the menu bar to the left screen in order to run MC6 properly messes up virtually every other software-package on the system. Compressor, Media-Encoder, FCP7, FCPX, Premiere, After Effects EVERYWHERE I have to re-configure the workspaces accordingly.

Dear AVID, this situation is a big, BIG imposition and does not enhance the trust I have in the company. How can an obvious bug like that make it past testing?

quoted for truth 

Mac Pro 32GB Lion MC 7.02 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 6 2011 10:45 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,268
    • Points 231,960
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Folks,

Todd escalated this issue and it has been reproduced at Avid and is slated for fix in a future patch.  Dont know exactly when that is but it is coming and will have quite a lot of fixes.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Dec 20 2011 5:06 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,268
    • Points 231,960
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Good news.........

This has been logged and a bug assigned - UDevC00165108 and is slated to be fixed in the first 6.x patch.  :)

For now you can place the menu bar on the left monitor. Not a great workaround, but it does work.

Not sure exactly what date the patch is slated for but once I know... I will post.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Dec 21 2011 9:05 PM In reply to

• JasonByfield
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 13 2009
    • Kirkland, WA
    • Posts 11
    • Points 140

Can somebody explain why it's such a big issue to move your menu bar to the left screen?  I realize that user flexibility should be a concern for Avid but why the big fuss over such a simple work around?  Most programs have standard window layouts that you can enable to fix any floating/missing window issues.

OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8), Mojo DX w/ Media Composer 6.0 fibre channel to Unity MediaNetwork 5.1.3, QuickTime 7.6.6, Mid 2010 MacPro:2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 22 2011 4:40 PM In reply to

Ive installed MC 6, but moving the menu didnt work for me as a workaround. My menu bar is on my main screen, which when looking at my comuters ins on the left hand side. No matter wich side i moved the menu bar too, it wouldnt save my workspaces and sometime windows would be off screen and un reachable. 

Page 4 of 4 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller