Latest post Thu, Oct 29 2015 11:28 PM by StanleyKowalski. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 25 2011 6:59 PM

• Ikks
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Script Sync "take" characters -feature request-

In our feature film workflow we are using Script Sync to audition alternate take performances as well as recreate the marked script for each scene. This level of production, unfortunately is proving too much for Script Sync to handle for a number of reasons which I will outline but first and foremost is the TAKE # window displayed below the Thumbnail/Clip Name.

The TAKE # mirrors the meta data within the TAKE bin column which is great but within Script Sync it is too small and too basic. Currently there is only room for a digit and a half to be displayed below the clip name. On a feature film, we have numerous takes and within those takes are often rolling resets. Our workaround has been to adjust the TAKE column from 1.1, 1.2 to 1a, 1b, 1c just to be able to read them at a glance, which is essential. This requires a fair bit of very valuable data entry. Compounding this issue is the sorting of TAKE #'s horizontally below the Thumbnail/Clip name: The character allotment doesn't allow for padding, eg: 08, 09, 10... so the very frustrating result is 1a, 1j, 1k, 1l.... 1b, 1c...

The ability to copy and paste Script Marks between clips would also be of great benefit. We are shooting A, B and often C cameras and must group TAKES over grouping CAMERAS.

Lastly, Script Sync becomes unstable and errors relentlessly when stretched across dual displays and yet the Script window itself has no horizontal scrolling function when there are clips beyond the default page size. On a major studio feature, these short comings unfortunately make Script Sync a dead asset.

• Wed, Oct 28 2015 4:34 PM In reply to

Re: Script Sync "take" characters -feature request-

I have a related request.

It's not possible to add take numbers to grouped clips. Therefore, within a script, grouped clips and individual clips function differently. For grouped clips, the take number window is blank. For individual clips, the take number appears in the window. I'd like to be able to add take numbers to grouped clips so that they appear in the window.

See this thread for other users who are also requesting this feature: http://community.avid.com/forums/t/121638.aspx

I'm not willing to post my contact information in this thread, but here's the other requested information:

Avid hardware: KONA LHi (n/a)

Media Composer v 7.0.4 (other users confirm the problem still exists in v 8.4)

MacPro5,1 - 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC - ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

Mac OS X Version 10.9.5

• Wed, Oct 28 2015 4:45 PM In reply to

StanleyKowalski:

I have a related request.

It's not possible to add take numbers to grouped clips. Therefore, within a script, grouped clips and individual clips function differently. For grouped clips, the take number window is blank. For individual clips, the take number appears in the window. I'd like to be able to add take numbers to grouped clips so that they appear in the window.

See this thread for other users who are also requesting this feature: http://community.avid.com/forums/t/121638.aspx

I'm not willing to post my contact information in this thread, but here's the other requested information:

Avid hardware: KONA LHi (n/a)

Media Composer v 7.0.4 (other users confirm the problem still exists in v 8.4)

MacPro5,1 - 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC - ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

Mac OS X Version 10.9.5

I'd like to echo this request exactly. 

• Thu, Oct 29 2015 9:50 PM In reply to

• Ikks
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

If you haven't already heard, Avid and ScriptSync's developers parted ways before MC8.

• Thu, Oct 29 2015 11:28 PM In reply to

Yes, I know.

My request is actually a script request—not a ScriptSync request—and so is the part of yours that pertains to the size of the take window and the number of characters it allows. Scripts and script-based editing work in Media Composer 8, even though ScriptSync doesn't.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller