Latest post Wed, Nov 2 2011 9:09 PM by Jahles. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 13 2011 4:30 PM

XML EXPORT FROM AVID MC 4.0.5

Hi everybody,

i have a question for you. I have edited a DV25 420 PAL sequence in Avid MC 4.0.5. Of course there are also effects, avid pan and zoom pictures etc.

Now i must transfer the movie (1 VIDEO TRACK AND A STEREO MIXDOWN OF THE AUDIO) to another studio that uses Final cut and Color for color correction. They told me to give them a tape with the movie and a XML file of the sequence.

I simply don't know how to do the XML export.

What i really need is a STEP-BY-STEP explanation of the workflow like you are explaining it to a 7 years old child :) to be sure I achieve the goal.

Is there anybody that can help me? 

Thank you so much in advance,

Mario

• Thu, Oct 13 2011 4:42 PM In reply to

• Haze
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 764
    • Points 10,205

Re: XML EXPORT FROM AVID MC 4.0.5

Avid doesn't support XML export.

You can try this (14 day trial for free)

http://www.borisfx.com/AAF/

Avid DS 11 | Z800, Symphony 6.5 | HP xw 8600, MC 6.5 | HP Z400, Unity Storage [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 2 2011 4:48 PM In reply to

• Jahles
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 19 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

not even in film scribe?

• Wed, Nov 2 2011 5:58 PM In reply to

Doesn't (or didn't) Automatic duck have an Avid import option for FCP? And aren't they now free thanks to kind Wes?

But to be honest why do they want to use color? They do know it's EOL now :-)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Wed, Nov 2 2011 9:09 PM In reply to

• Jahles
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 19 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

Pat, You are my hero i had no idea it was free now whoooohoooo! thanks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller