Latest post Sun, Oct 9 2011 8:14 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 8 2011 11:24 PM

Corrupted Recording Issues in Pro Tools 9

Hi, so I just got Pro Tools 9.02, and installed it along with the drivers. I opened it up and recorded something through my M-Box 2 Mini plugged into my guitar through a mic cable, and everything worked perfectly. The next day, I opened it up, but it wasn't registering my Mbox. Somehow, I got the problem to go away, but now whenever I record things, it has this terrible crackly sound. I tried switching out the guitar for a mic, but it still had the same problem. I tried switching out my speakers for headphones, but to no avail.

If I turn the Mix knob on the Mbox all the way to the left, the crackling fades to nothing, along with the rest of the sound. the crackling is loudest when the Mix knob is all the way to the right.

My computer is an iMac with snow leapord, 4 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 Memory, and a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 processor.

Can someone help me get this working again?

Edit: I tried running it through Direct Imput with a 1/4 inch guitar cable from the mbox to my guitar, and it stopped making the noise! Do you think getting a new mic cable will fix it, or is it just the way the mbox is reacting with the mic cable, meaning that a new one would have the same problem?

• Sun, Oct 9 2011 8:14 AM In reply to

Re: Corrupted Recording Issues in Pro Tools 9

Hi,

This is the Avid video forum.  You'll get better answers in the Avid audio forum:

http://duc.avid.com/

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller