Latest post Wed, Sep 28 2011 10:12 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 28 2011 9:31 PM

Hello from Imagineer Systems: mocha planar tracking & vfx tools

Hello folks,

Thanks for having us participate in this forum! I represent Imagineer Systems, makers of the mocha family of planar tracking products and vfx tools. I will be checking in here to answer any questions about mocha, mocha AE and mocha Pro. I am a former Avid employee, editor and compositor with experience in Media Composer, Symphony, Avid|DS and have a lot of experience using those products with many 3rd part applications. Below I will try to introduce you to the wonderful world of planar tracking and share some of my favorite links.

Cheers,

Ross Shain

http://www.imagineersystems.com/

PS. We are giving away a free seat of mocha Pro. To enter, "like us" on facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/ImagineerSystems

Q. What is mocha:

A. A stand alone planar tracking and masking utility that saves tons of time on the most difficult motion tracking, masking, stabilization and cloning shots. Simply: mocha helps reduce the tedium of manual keyframing.

Q. I am an editor, why do I need a tracking application?

A. mocha is used by editors, motion graphics artists, colorists, and visual effects compositors in almost every market: feature films, commercial, industrial and more. Check out our customer reel to see some ideas of what you can accomplish with mocha.

Q. What is the best mocha product for me?

A. We have 3 basic products:

mocha AE - tracking & roto masking that supports: After Effects, Final Cut & Boris FX support.

mocha - tracking, roto masking & stabilization that supports: Avid|DS, Boris FX, Flame, Nuke, Smoke and a lot more.

mocha Pro - tracking, roto,stabilizatio, object removal, insert compositing, lens distortion. Supports all systems.

view the product comparison guide

* If you own Media Composer with Avid FX (Boris CC) than you can use mocha AE v2.6 for tracking and import into Media Composer via your Avid FX Corner Pin effect. Sorry, this is not the free version of mocha AE that ships with Adobe After Effects CS5-5.5.

* If you own Avid|DS, you you will need the full version of mocha. Note: the full mocha version can also render mattes that can be used for masking in any edit system.

* If you want all the Imagineer's features in one product, mocha Pro it is.

Q. What is the Motion Tracking for Editors Bundle?

A. We parnered with our friends at Boris FX to create a bundle that includes mocha AE v2.6 & Boris Continuum Motion Tracking Unit. Again, to import tracking keyframe data into Media Composer, we use the Boris plug-ins.

If you own the Media Composer Production Suite, than the Boris portion is not totally necessary for the workflow, but does add some cool plug-ins like Witness Protection & Wire Remove. My understanding is that MC owners that own the box set get the Avid FX by Boris for free. Got it?

More info on Motion Tracking for Editors Bundle

Q. Enough questions already... where are the cool video tutorials?

A. We provide lots of high quality training videos online that can be sorted by catagory. Here are some links:

Learn mocha free training videos

Product demo from NAB 2011

mocha to Media Composer workflow

mocha to DS workflow

mocha Pro amazing object removal

Support issues: http://www.imagineersystems.com/contact_form

Sales: sales@imagineersystems.com

• Wed, Sep 28 2011 10:12 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,262
    • Points 231,870
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Hello from Imagineer Systems: mocha planar tracking & vfx tools

Hello Ross,

Welcome to the Avid Community.

I have heard a lot about your products in the past but,I must admit, I never actually took time to visit your site.
    Now I have just done that and I am very interested in what I saw.Yes

You may get a new customer soon.Geeked

So lookout for some questions from me in the future.

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller