Latest post Sat, Sep 17 2011 9:11 PM by R&B. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 8 2011 6:56 PM

• ZAGould
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 14 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Consolidating onto an exFAT drive on a PC giving error

My company is hoping to switch to the exfat format as a way to ease our transition from being PC based (running only Windows XP) to Mac.  All operations seem to work fine, though when I try to consolidate video clips that at longer than ten minutes it returns this error:

"Exception:STREAM_SIZE_EXCEEDED,className:DIDWriter"

I have run many, many tests and can say that exporting, transcoding, clicking and dragging, digitizing and using avid media mover all work fine when dealing with files upwards of 9gigs.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Filed under: , ,
  • Sat, Sep 17 2011 9:11 PM In reply to

• R&B
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Metro Atlanta
    • Posts 205
    • Points 2,465
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress DV Mac
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac

Re: Consolidating onto an exFAT drive on a PC giving error

I have to admit that I'm not experienced with exfat.  But I do know that when I switched from PC to Mac a few years ago, I learned that Macs can read (although not write to) NTFS.  They could not, however, play nice with FAT32.  And I can't find any documentation that suggests that Macs will play any nicer with exfat.

iMacs, both running OS X 10.7.x Lion. Both have 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 processor w/ 4 GB RAM. Also a 17" MacBook Pro. All these machines are from 2008... [view my complete system specs]

Randy Brown
    President
    Brown Media, Inc.
    www.brownmedia.net
    "Voice Imaging for Radio and TV"

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller