Latest post Mon, Sep 12 2011 10:58 AM by jwrl. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 7 2011 3:36 PM

MC5 and ploy wav audios

Hello,

Can MC5 import poly wav audio files?

Is it possible to edit each audio layer in that poly wav independently inside MC5?

I'm talking about simpple edits here, like changing the volume, muting and such.

When I try to import one, all I see is a stereo track.

Thank you.

Igor

Filed under: , , ,
  • Wed, Sep 7 2011 7:03 PM In reply to

• Camilo
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 23 2010
    • Virginia
    • Posts 967
    • Points 12,140

Re: MC5 and ploy wav audios

igorsandman:
    When I try to import one, all I see is a stereo track.

When you say "import" do you mean when you try and put it on the timeline or when you are actually importing it?  The sentence sounds more like you are talking about putting it on the timeline.  If you are trying to put it on the timeline and the stero tracck is not working, try creating a couple of mono tracks and see if it will go onto them.

Good Luck!

Camilo

Intel i7-980x Hexacore water cooled by Corsair H-50 on EVGA Classified 762 with 12Gigs RAM and Quadro FX3800 Video Card. Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium Sound... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 7 2011 7:40 PM In reply to

MC most certainly supports up to 16-track poly-wav's. Just File->Import should bring in all available tracks.
    Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Sep 10 2011 9:10 AM In reply to

Thanks for your replies!

I said "import", because when I import the wav files, I'm not sure it is recognized as a polywav. But yeah, I can import the file. My problem is I can only see two tracks in the timeline.

I tried as Camilo suggested and added several mono tracks. Invariably, when I drag my file down to my timeline, I get 2 tracks where I should have 4 of them (according to the sound guy who recorded it). I tried with several files and all appear as 2 tracks.

Anybody has an idea?

Thank you for your time :)

• Sat, Sep 10 2011 9:27 AM In reply to

If you open such a clip in the source monitor, do you see all tracks there? In your bin, when you display the "Tracks" column, what does it say in there? Does your sequence contain enough tracks to place the source tracks on? Do you have Auto-Create Tracks enabled in your Timeline Settings?
    Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 11 2011 10:42 AM In reply to

In my source monitor I see 2 tracks too: A1-2

In my project bin I see the same: A1-2

My timeline contains enough tracks. When I drag the clip, before I drop it, the grey frame shows it's gonna fill 2 tracks.

As for the auto-create tracks option, I don't see it. I looked in the project window -> settings tab -> Timeline. Isn't it where that option is supposed to be?

Thank you :)

• Sun, Sep 11 2011 11:36 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,345

read error ..

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Sun, Sep 11 2011 2:53 PM In reply to

igorsandman:
    In my source monitor I see 2 tracks too: A1-2
    Then you must have a 2-track source-BWF. I have never seen Avid ignoring tracks in a BWF. Any other BWAV reader you can check the source files with?
  • Mon, Sep 12 2011 10:27 AM In reply to

The problem must be external to Avid.

My sound engineer is positive he opens those files in pro tools at his studio and he has 4 tracks though. So I really don't know what's wrong.

I'll try and find a workaround so I can go on with my edit.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I was thinking, you mentioned BWF. Is it a file extension? Because my files are .wav. Maybe the problems lies there?

• Mon, Sep 12 2011 10:58 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,393
    • Points 97,070

BWF stands for Broadcast WAV File.  Main difference is in the file header, which supports more metadata than a non-broadcast file.  They can still use the same WAV extension.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller