Latest post Wed, Mar 14 2012 1:02 PM by maryd. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 31 2011 10:59 AM

Post Deko for Editors Webinar Link does not work

Hi,

I was trying to access the webinar that is linked on

http://www.avid.com/US/products/PostDeko/for-editors

I filled out the form (Severeal times. I even used my real name once!) and was redirected to an error message. Other webinars seem to work fine. Any clues on how to get access to this one?

Thanks,

Christian

• Sun, Sep 4 2011 3:35 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,512
    • Points 234,855
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Post Deko for Editors Webinar Link does not work

Hello there....

I have alerted the web team to the broken link......

Stand by and I will post back when fixed.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 7 2011 9:25 PM In reply to

• CofB-TV
    • Not Ranked
    • Bloomington MN
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,485

I tried to access this webcast today myself but was unable to get it. Any word if this will be fixed soon?

Also, is Post Deko a good companion to Media Composer? Do they interact well? I am looking for a new CG to use with Media Composer 5.5.2 as we currently use TitleMotion on a separate XP box and we are looking to purge all of our 32bit XP machines from production. The inlcuded options with MC don't work for us.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Grant

System #1 HP z800 Workstation dual 6 core CPU Win 7 64bit 12GB of RAM with Nitrix DX - Media Composer 6.5.4 - 8Gbit Fibre Channel Client on Facilis TerrablockSystem... [view my complete system specs]

System #1 HP z800 Workstation dual 6 core CPU Win 7 64bit 12GB of RAM with Nitrix DX

System #2 HP z800 Workstation dual 6 core CPU Win 7 64bit 12GB of RAM with Nitrix DX

• Thu, Nov 10 2011 3:56 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

I have contacted on web support and will pass on any information I receive.

It may be a no longer valid link.  Do you have any specific questions I can assist with?

Thank you

• Thu, Feb 16 2012 10:52 PM In reply to

• CofB-TV
    • Not Ranked
    • Bloomington MN
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,485

http://forms.avid.com/forms/dekowebinarnov09?intcmp=AV-FL-DW1

I still can't get this to work. I fill out the form and it says access forbidden. I still would like to view this webinar if its available. If not, that link should be taken off the site. IMHO

Its only been 3 or so months since it was reported.

System #1 HP z800 Workstation dual 6 core CPU Win 7 64bit 12GB of RAM with Nitrix DX - Media Composer 6.5.4 - 8Gbit Fibre Channel Client on Facilis TerrablockSystem... [view my complete system specs]

System #1 HP z800 Workstation dual 6 core CPU Win 7 64bit 12GB of RAM with Nitrix DX

System #2 HP z800 Workstation dual 6 core CPU Win 7 64bit 12GB of RAM with Nitrix DX

• Thu, Feb 16 2012 11:19 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,512
    • Points 234,855
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

I am so sorry - I know Mary escalated this already.  I have asked that it be reolved and will follow up.

My apologies.

marianna

• Tue, Mar 13 2012 4:02 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,512
    • Points 234,855
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hi again.........

My apologies again for the delay in addressing the webinar issue.   The Deko webinar content isnt relevant any longer so has been removed from the site. 

The Avid Motion Graphics team will begin to develop some new webinars - I expect they will start this process sometime after NAB 2012 and through out the summer.

Stay tuned as I am sure Mary will post when there are webinars that showcase the current products.

Again my apologies.

Marianna

• Tue, Mar 13 2012 6:45 PM In reply to

It may be no longer relevant to Avid as it has been discontinued, but the company I work at bought a dozen or so licenses before Avid Motion Graphics was introduced.

So I'd say it's still pretty much relevant to us. What's the harm in putting it up on the Website / Youtube / whatever?

(I know it's not your fault, Marianna, nor is it probably your decision. Driving me crazy, though.)

• Wed, Mar 14 2012 1:02 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Let me add my apology to Marianna's - turns out we were contacting the wrong folks to get this resolved and somewhere the message didn't get passed appropriately along the chain to those who could help.

Meantime, as you heard, the webinar had long since been out of date and pulled from the website, without the link being removed.  This was a first version workflow for PostDeko for Editors, the application that is an add on for Media Composer or NewsCutter.  It did not have any Deko tips or tricks, and the workflow and UI were out of date.

Please contact me directly if you have any particular questions or problems.  I will do my best to help you, though I admit to an overcrowded pre-NAB schedule for the next 6 weeks or so. 

Again, thanks for your patience and let me and the forum group know if there is something we can help with.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller