Latest post Thu, Sep 22 2011 8:14 PM by hbrock. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 26 2011 6:21 PM

• mzaharinov
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 16 2009
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

HDV Capture Issues - CChannel error - MC 5.03

Hello folks,

I work as a Post Production Manager in a Post house in LA and we've run into an issue that we have never seen before so I am reaching out here for the 1st time.

Trying to capture HDV 1080i footage from a Sony V1U camera. We've had the camera for years and have been using it on our systems without any issues until this morning. The video won't capture with timecode - keeps dropping out - and since we were in a hurry I flipped timecode off and began a batch capture on the tape. It was playing through the camera and seemingly being captured into Avid although the client monitor wasn't displaying the video. Strange, I thought, so I captured about a minute worth of material and stopped just to check it out. When I stopped the capture the clip never appeared in the bin. I checked the console and voila - a new and unknown error:

Capturing master clip :: xxxxx.02

(Discontinuous TC base tolerance = 6)

CChannel: error: CMError_Channel_Not_Configured, function FlushBuffers, line 1638, internal codec error string: 

Audio sample rate of incoming media is marked as 48000

No frames recorded.

***** Capture Aborted *****  Clip Discarded

It keeps discarding the clips and not capturing anything. When I click 'Check Decks' I get this:

Audio sample rate of incoming media is marked as 48000

CChannel: error: CMError_Channel_Not_Configured, function FlushBuffers, line 1638, internal codec error string: 

In the interest of time, I assure you that all settings, deck configuration, project settings, footage etc. are correct, checked and troubleshooted. This error is occurring in all of our Avid bays and I can't capture this one little HDV tape. We used the exact same camera and the exact same set-up a few weeks ago - no issues. Have not done any installs/re-installs/software or hardware overhaul since. Nothing has changed. I ran my regular mac updates - thats about it.

Running MC 5.03. The machines are all: Mac Pros running 10.6.8, 2x2.4 GHz Quad Core Intels, 8GB of 1066 DDR3 in all and and a Radeon HD 5770 in all.

Please help. This is a personal project for my supervisor and I need to be able to get this going ASAP.

Thanks!

• Thu, Sep 22 2011 8:14 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: HDV Capture Issues - CChannel error - MC 5.03

Better late than never...

2 things to check:

1.  Make sure the camera is set to spit out HDV over the Firewire port.  Sometimes it can be set to DV and that's not what you want.

2.  Gently inquire as to whether the Quick Start feature was enabled when recording.  Apparently it's a cause of bad HDV captures.  Not sure if there's a workaround so do a search for "HDV Quick Start"

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller